Chelsea District Library Resources
Databases are provided by the Chelsea District Library, or through the Michigan Electronic Library (MeL) as noted. You may need your library card or Michigan drivers license to access these resources.
- Ancestry Library – in-library access only. Access provided by the Chelsea District Library.
- MyHeritage Library Edition– Access provided by MeL.
Local and State Resources
- Bentley Historical Library (at the University of Michigan)
- Burton Historical Collection (at the Detroit Public Library)
- Chelsea Area Historical Society
- Family History Obituaries (at the Chelsea District Library)
- Genealogical Society of Washtenaw County
- Jackson County Genealogical Society
- Michigan Genealogical Council
- Michigan Genealogy on the Web
- Michigan Family History Network
- Native Genealogy – People of the Three Fires
State of Michigan Government Resources
- Michigan Cemetery Sources
- Genealogical Death Indexing System – Operated by the Michigan Department of Community Health’s Vital Records and Health Statistics Department.
- Michigan 1870 Census Index
- Seeking Michigan – Michigan Historical Center’s online portal
- AfriGeneas – African-American genealogy resources
- Cyndi’s List – A comprehensive index to online genealogy research resources
- FamilySearch.org – Online access to the largest collection of genealogical records in the world, through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- National Genealogical Society – Organization dedicated to training researchers and promoting access to genealogical records
- Rootsweb – Research links and an online genealogy community
- USGenWeb – National organization dedicated to access to free genealogy resources
- US National Archives and Records Administration – Access to genealogy resources held by NARA