The Kempf Bank and Tommy MacNamara’s Saloon were neighbors in the early 1900s.
The Kempf Commercial and Savings Bank, located on the corner of Main and Middle, merged with Farmers and Merchants Bank during the Great Depression, forming the Chelsea State Bank in February of 1934. Chelsea Print and Graphics now occupies the old Kempf Bank location. To the right, notice that Tommy MacNamara
On Main Street, facing southwest towards Kempf Commercial and Savings Bank.
Corner of Main and Middle Streets, facing southwest toward Chelsea Print and Graphics. Pierce’s Pastries Plus now occupies the former site of Tommy MacNamara’s Saloon. Photo by Jim Hammel, January 2011.